Wednesday 14 March 2018

Farmhouse String Quilt - Quilt A Long....

Hi there...

Im so excited about this new project I want to start....
Typical quilter, I have around 200 things I want to do all at once...






This is my new Farmhouse String Quilt.
It measures 40"(102cm) and has 8 small blocks in 8 rows. Blocks measure 5" (13.9cm)



The strips used form strings that are then making the artsy farmyard and house.
The great thing about this is that the strips and blocks don't even have to match up. Its all part of the look of the string quilt.







I've added this pattern to my Craftsy shop. 

Remember it measures 40" so its a larger pattern. I've also added a download for the full size design and colour guide. You don't need to print this out, just use it to see on your computer and zoom into those small areas. Only the row 3 and 4 will have a few smaller areas but it will all still be on the Easy level.

The idea is to use all kinds of scraps in different values so that you have areas of darker green, yellowish greens, brighter yellows, greys and browns etc. I can't tell you how much of each you will need, its all just scraps making up a cute string quilt.

I want to start mine in April because I still have to finish the Map Quilt and then the new magazine for the end of March....
If you decide to join me then YAAAY! Get your scraps sorted and your pattern cut and put into alphabetical order...



I've started a QA Designs Group  on Facebook where you are welcome to join and add any of your finished blocks made with the QADesigns patterns. I really love to see them all.



*********************************
                                        
 Quick link to my full Craftsy Shop <<<<<


(when you open the shop.... click on the right side 'sort by tab' and press NEWEST.... then everything will show up)




2 comments:

Skootchover said...

This looks like so much fun!

Anonymous said...

Do you have a tutorial you can suggest for wonky string blocks?